BioRx Client Rights and Responsibilities
As a BioRx homecare client, you have the right to:
- Receive information about your rights and responsibilities for receiving homecare services and products.
- Receive a timely response from BioRx regarding your request for homecare services.
- Select your homecare providers and be informed of any financial benefits when referred to an organization.
- Receive information on BioRx policies, procedures and charges for service and any limitations of our care or services.
- Receive professional quality homecare services in accordance with physician orders without discrimination against race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual preference, disability or age.
- Personal privacy and security during homecare visits and to have you and your property treated with courtesy, respect and dignity by all who provide homecare services to you.
- Be given proper identification by name and title of everyone who provides you with your homecare services and to speak with the supervisor of that staff member if requested.
- Be informed in advance of the services to be provided so you will be able to give informed consent for your service prior to its start.
- Be given complete, current information concerning your diagnosis, treatment, alternatives, risks and prognosis as required by your physician’s legal duty to disclose, in terms and language reasonably understandable to you.
- Be free from mistreatment, neglect and verbal, mental, sexual and/or physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source and misappropriation of client/property.
- Share in the development of and be informed of any changes to your plan of care/service in advance.
- Be given client record of privacy and confidentiality.
- Review your clinical record at your request.
- Be given information regarding anticipated transfer of your homecare to another health care facility and/or termination of homecare service to you.
- Voice grievances with and/or suggest change in homecare services without restraint, interference, coercion or punitive or discriminatory actions taken against you, by calling BioRx at 866.44.BioRx (866.442.4679) or the Accreditation Commission for Health Care, Inc. (ACHC) at 919.785.1214, and to have those grievances investigated by BioRx.
- Be notified of the cost of receiving services from BioRx both to you and to your insurance carriers and receive notification of changes in information within 30 days.
- Accept, refuse or discontinue any and all services within the confines of the law and be given information concerning the consequences of refusing treatment and/or services.
- Formulate and receive written information on advance directives.
- Education about managing pain where appropriate.
- Receive emergency instructions.
- Receive, upon request, evidence-based practice information for clinical decisions (manufacturer package insert, published practice guidelines, peer-reviewed journals, etc.) including the level of evidence or consensus describing the process for intervention in instances where there is no evidence-based research, conflicting evidence or no level of evidence.
- Be offered assistance with any eligible internal programs that help with patient management services, manufacturer copay and patient assistance programs, health plan programs (tobacco cessation programs, disease management, pain management, suicide prevention/behavioral health programs).
- If desired, to be referred to other health care providers within an external health care system (e.g. dietitian, pain specialist, mental health services).
As a BioRx homecare client, you are responsible to:
- Provide current, complete and correct health information concerning medical history, medications, allergies and any other information pertinent to services received by BioRx.
- Notify your physician or other health care providers of your participation in BioRx’s Patient Management Program.
- Submit any forms necessary to participate in the program, to the extent required by law.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a safe home environment.
- Inform BioRx when you will not be available for a scheduled visit/delivery.
- Participate in the development of, and adhere to, your homecare plan of service.
- Request further information concerning anything you do not fully understand.
- Contact BioRx concerning any equipment problems or questions.
- Contact BioRx whenever you receive a change in physician’s orders or prescription.
- Contact BioRx prior to any change to address or phone number.
- Contact BioRx immediately if admitted to hospital or care facility or equipment is no longer needed.
- Notify BioRx immediately of any changes in insurance coverage or enrollment in Medicare and/or Medicaid HMO programs.
- Contact BioRx if you acquire any infectious disease during the time you are receiving services and/or care from BioRx.
- Take reasonable care to protect rental equipment from loss or damage.
- Take reasonable care to use rental equipment only in the manner for which it is intended and not attempt repairs to equipment.
A professional is available 24 hours a day by calling 866.442.4679.
In the event of a medical emergency, call 911.